The Income Tax Department lists key documents for ITR filing
The income tax return filing last date on December 31st is approaching and it’s time for taxpayers to do the needful. For taxpayers’ convenience income tax department has pre-filled some of the crucial details.
“Filing your Income Tax Return has become easier than ever now as we’ve prefilled some of your details! Do take out time this weekend to file your return. Due date for filing Income Tax Returns for AY 2021-22 is 31st December, 2021,” Income Tax India tweeted. “We’ve prefilled your details already. To crosscheck, keep these documents handy,” it added.
These documents are –
1. Form 16
2. Bank Statement
3. Interest Certificate from Bank
4. Housing loan interest statement, if any
5. Rental receipts and house property tax, if any
6. Capital gains statement from broker, if any
7. 26AS and Annual Information Statement (AIS).